Bismillah
To start out the day, the cat is missing. My eldest woke up this morning at Fajr, and noticed the cat was gone. She didn't think he had come out when she had used the bathroom in the night, and we can't find him anywhere. It's true, that when he's really asleep he'll be quiet and just ignore everyone, so I hope he has tucked himself into a corner somewhere and is just sleeping, but I must say this is highly unusual. Poor baby - I hope he didn't jump or get lost somehow - although four floors up seems like too much to imagine him being able to even think about managing. I read online where cats can jump down that far and survive. I just hope he'll come back....
I'm teaching a lot now - six classes - and I've pretty much adjusted, I think. It's getting easier. I'm developing some techniques, but I feel very weak in terms of explaining grammar and I hate being a disciplinarian. I can handle classroom management but I don't enjoy it. When I'm actually teaching - in the moment itself - I really don't mind teaching but I can just think of about twenty other things I'd rather do. The paperwork really gets to me, and making sure I pace the class properly seems like a lot of effort at times. And I really hate grading essays, but it's a necessary evil, to be sure.
I still don't have school for the boys, but I'm managing I hated teaching them Arabic individually, but now I teach them together using the Declan software I bought and it is going a bit better. They are making progress, but I wish I didn't have to do it. I'd like them to be able to socialize with other kids more, and I feel insecure about what I'm doing. I'll be able to teach them to read Arabic, I think, but I won't be able to teach them to speak. Still, I need to be patient. This is Qadar Allah (as is everything) and I have to keep reminding myself that I must have sabr and realize that this is for a purpose even if I'll never understand it. Alhumdullilah.
I need to find a way to use my time even better than I do. Remember the Milk helps me with that, to be sure, but I need to not waste my time on the computer anymore. I should take that time and make art, really, but it's difficult to discipline myself. I must discipline myself to do a lot more and to be more efficient, it's just that sometime relentlessly following a list seems exhausting in and of itself.
Tomorrow (Saturday) is my huge day with six hours of teaching advanced learners and the weekly Teacher Training workshop for two hours. It takes me nearly all week to recover from that. Thankfully, I'm ready for my Conversation class and for the Level 5 Listening and Speaking class so I just need to plan for the Level 5 Reading and Writing course. That shouldn't be too bad insha'Allah.
I really need to write in here everyday insha'Allah. Can I manage?
To start out the day, the cat is missing. My eldest woke up this morning at Fajr, and noticed the cat was gone. She didn't think he had come out when she had used the bathroom in the night, and we can't find him anywhere. It's true, that when he's really asleep he'll be quiet and just ignore everyone, so I hope he has tucked himself into a corner somewhere and is just sleeping, but I must say this is highly unusual. Poor baby - I hope he didn't jump or get lost somehow - although four floors up seems like too much to imagine him being able to even think about managing. I read online where cats can jump down that far and survive. I just hope he'll come back....
I'm teaching a lot now - six classes - and I've pretty much adjusted, I think. It's getting easier. I'm developing some techniques, but I feel very weak in terms of explaining grammar and I hate being a disciplinarian. I can handle classroom management but I don't enjoy it. When I'm actually teaching - in the moment itself - I really don't mind teaching but I can just think of about twenty other things I'd rather do. The paperwork really gets to me, and making sure I pace the class properly seems like a lot of effort at times. And I really hate grading essays, but it's a necessary evil, to be sure.
I still don't have school for the boys, but I'm managing I hated teaching them Arabic individually, but now I teach them together using the Declan software I bought and it is going a bit better. They are making progress, but I wish I didn't have to do it. I'd like them to be able to socialize with other kids more, and I feel insecure about what I'm doing. I'll be able to teach them to read Arabic, I think, but I won't be able to teach them to speak. Still, I need to be patient. This is Qadar Allah (as is everything) and I have to keep reminding myself that I must have sabr and realize that this is for a purpose even if I'll never understand it. Alhumdullilah.
I need to find a way to use my time even better than I do. Remember the Milk helps me with that, to be sure, but I need to not waste my time on the computer anymore. I should take that time and make art, really, but it's difficult to discipline myself. I must discipline myself to do a lot more and to be more efficient, it's just that sometime relentlessly following a list seems exhausting in and of itself.
Tomorrow (Saturday) is my huge day with six hours of teaching advanced learners and the weekly Teacher Training workshop for two hours. It takes me nearly all week to recover from that. Thankfully, I'm ready for my Conversation class and for the Level 5 Listening and Speaking class so I just need to plan for the Level 5 Reading and Writing course. That shouldn't be too bad insha'Allah.
I really need to write in here everyday insha'Allah. Can I manage?