Sunday, April 18, 2010

Volcano Worries

Bismillah

I admit I'm beginning to feel a bit dismayed by the volcano erupting in Iceland.

Little did I think, when I showed the clip to my ESL students on while working on the NorthStar Climate Change unit that the little flames I showed them of a crack in the glacier on ice would turn into anything - and now the plume is covering much of Europe. I even got an email from my American mother asking me if it had come here, yet.

Well, it won't surprise me if it does. The plume has already reached Northern Italy. It's not that much further to North Africa. And what will this plume do to air travel from America, I wonder - especially as this eruption could last months?

Anyhow, one of Allah's many warriors is hard at work! May Allah protect the Muslims. Ameen!