Bismillah
It was sooo good to have a day off. I didn’t use it perfectly: my room is still a pit, the kitchen is terrible, the bathroom is rough, I didn’t finish editing the nightmare Shakespeare essay for my student BUT I did take a nap, I did get half way through the essay, I dealt with important emails, I cleaned some in my room and, most importantly, I did fast one of my thirteen days, masha’Allah. Alhumdullilah.
I still miss my husband, am still lonely, am tired of my mother-in-law’s unjustified vitriolic attitude, but the quiet is nice, the peace is good and the mess will keep, after all.
Tomorrow is Jummuah, and that means work on Saturday, but it doesn’t take too long, and that’s a good thing. What I’d really like now is to sleep, but I think I will squeeze a little more cleaning out of myself, answer the two waiting emails and then settle down. Insha’Allah. As my mother would say, tomorrow is another day.
