Bismillah
Am having difficulty with my attitude adjustment. Really, at the bottom of all of this discontent is the fact that I don't want to work. I teach, and I can be good at it, but I don't love it - not at all. When teaching is combined with such long hours, achingly early mornings (I'm up at 3:30 a.m.) and virtual single parenthood I already feel burned out, and we've hardly completed the first month of school. Something's gotta give.
Add that to an unpredictable and unreliable partner, and the general stress of life in Algeria - well, you might get what I mean.
I need to count my many blessings. I live alone now. Walhumdullilah! We don't get rained on, on the way to the bathroom. Masha'Allah. My daughters are getting schooling. SubhannaAllah. I just need to chill out, right?
And really - though Algeria frustrates me terribly - at least it's NOT America. America has disowned people like myself. You're a Muslim? Oh, well, fogettaboutit.