Bismillah
Too much to write about, really. Suffice it to say that today is the first day of vacation, wa humdullilahi Rabbil alimeen!
Now, WHY a school IN a Muslim country has the non-Muslim vacation schedule is a completely other story, but as Christmas isn't really an issue here (meaning that it's not in my face) I can deal. Wa Allahi I am glad for the break, no matter why I get it.
My boys still don't have school, but on the bright side I have a toilet.
For a few days there we were peeing into a bucket, and occasionally using my brother-in-laws nasty Turkish toilet (the squatting kind which had no water source nearby and was dirty from nearby construction). Now, masha'Allah, DH got the American toilet back in place with a spigot so we can at least dump water down it. This is a major improvement, masha'Allah.
We have plans for being able to actually wash ourselves in the bathroom, although I'm concerned it might be a bit chilly! I will take time to install a water heater for ourselves, but we're working on it. I think it will be next winter before all is said and done.
I have a real game plan of what I want to accomplish in these next nine days insha'Allah. Ya Rabb! Let me be able to do this!