Sunday, December 26, 2010

A day with a friend

Bismillah


Yesterday, I "wasted" a day.  Really, it wasn't a waste, though.  Time spent with a friend who is having a hard time is never a waste.


I don't know this lady very well, but she's a close of a friend as I have made in Algeria.  It's just unfortunate that I can only see her every few months.  She's really the kind of person I would love to hand out with every couple of days, but that's impossible given that I have to rely on DH for transportation and my overloaded work schedule.


She is a very refreshing person given her honesty and her fortitude - and truly she is a breath of fresh air, masha'Allah.


Today is Day Three of my vacation.  Tomorrow I have to go to teach at the corporate client I work for, but as it's only a two hour class, with DH driving me there and picking me up afterwards it's almost painless masha'Allah.  


My kitchen is trashed, my clothes closet is in disarray, my room is a mess and I need to cook.  Nevertheless I'm hopeful that I can get through it insha'Allah.


I do have a lot to accomplish but it feels good, masha'Allah.  At least I started my day off well with Fajr on time, and then yoga.  I'm trying so hard to do that half hour of yoga every day, and then eating really right insha'Allah.  So far, although when I've been out I've indulged, I haven't over-indulged and when I've been done with the special event I've returned right away to the proper sort of cooking at eating masha'Allah.  Alhumdullilah.  I do feel some better and I think I've lost weight - now it's to get the water retention issue under control, though I think that's due more to hormones than diet or exercise.


Yesterday was Christmas Day.  I can't say that I don't feel nostalgic pangs, a little bit.  I miss the family and the decorations and the rituals.  I don't miss the religious aspect, of course, but the togetherness is gone, and that still aches.  It's the converts lament, I suppose.  Never quite fitting in anywhere.