Looks like my dear husband might go work in France this summer.
This is bad news.
I didn't sign up for a roommate, for a bunch of little kids that aren't mine, for a very restricted existence. But it looks like I'm supposed.
No.
Rather I will take charge of my life. I can only (inshaAllah) control my personal actions.
I can protest vigorously, I can object, although I know I will not be listened to. But what I will do is become more independent. I will do for myself. I will learn. InshaAllah. I will not be kept down and stultified. I will survive, I will thrive, I will grow. He will do what he has to do, but I will not allow things to be done to me or at me any longer.
I take my own reigns. I make my own decisions.
If I have to work, and if I am left, I decide within Allah's boundaries.
I might not be 60 yet, but I'm gonna wear purple and spit if I want.
NOW.